Friday, May 8, 2009

Uncover the journey...

I have been thinking of doing 'this' - blogging - for some time now but have always been procrastinating it thinking 'it' - blogging - a waste of time and perhaps too kiddish to get into (people, I accept I am old). However, friends have often been asking me to start doing the same - to create a post or a travelogue - to put my travel notes - and to be honest, of late, my craving to do so had increased - for we are living in such a beautiful country, why not let them know - so here I am, finally, to begin uncover the journey so far in a place called 'Indiaah' - the land much under-estimated by the urban, metropolitan, young Indian clan. And more so, to curb my hunger to express and share my memories and experiences from the places that I have visited within our country! So the journey begins...


It would mostly be with 2 people - Sunita and Surender - who have been travelling two-gether (well almost all of them) since 2001 and have still seen not so many places but whatever 'covered' are all within the lovely and vibrant apna desh - and have left every visit with a promise of returning back and a new list of places around the place just seen - blame it on the land that's so vast that it would take more than a life time to even just skim through. The journey would cover the touristy and not so touristy places from Leh to Kanyakumari and from Darjeeling to Rann of Kuchch - yes, these places included :-) (you'll find lot of smilies ":-)" in there as I love this expression the most)


The first two-gether travel was way back in Mar 2001 just after they had taken their vows :-) The post would begin from there only - from the days when we had the traditional cameras and we were, oh not so net savvy! (neither are we now) - so no documented supplements are available but I would try to dig down my brain cells to bring out the details and the story behind... keep reading but mind you - the journey would be long for I don't really believe in short-cuts ;-)... so please don't shy to get dropped off if you get bored in between...

6 comments:

  1. Hey, Congrats honey! I'd like to believe I'm one of those 'friends' who wanted you to start this...so count me as a regular...

    Enjoyed reading up until now...will lookout for more...

    Way to go "old girl"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Going sis and hey the travelogue's great idea!!! what about the pix. a dash of color would help.. whatsay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will do budi di - still learning :) thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. learning will never end... like journeying.. chalte chalte... ek baar PALAT.. dekh is ruke hue musafir ke taraf.. likh de dhai akshar iske naam tire diary ke panno par..
    umra to unki dhalti hai jo zindagani ki unchai tak pahunch chuke hai... budha kambaqt hota kaun hai... ab bhi bachpanwali hasi khilkhilati hai...

    ReplyDelete
  5. True. It is not possible to cover such a diversified culture of India in one life time. Would really like to hear your experiences and recommendations on this blog. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good initiative....keep writing...:-)

    Best Regards,
    Indian Columbus
    http://indiancolumbus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

And you said...